7.01.2006

Another boring night

Another night that was about as average as could possibly be, no titillating stories of note. Some Canadians asked about prostitutes, and I drove a Nigerian engineer at Intel who went on and on about how he hated working the same 12 hour graveyard shift as me, and expressed every social frustration I feel about my job. He didn't tip.

My cab sucked: no City of Portland taxi permit, so I couldn't really work downtown (which is not a big deal, as I often purposely avoid taking calls there anyway). In addition, this cab had no stereo, no TaxiCam, and a broken driver's seatbelt. Bad fuel efficiency, too. The lack of a radio wasn't as maddening as before, as I've now largely adjusted to my reduced cigarette diet (there's no longer any point in referring to myself as having quit, as I seem to be averaging about .75 cigarettes a day in the past week and a half). Still, this was not a good car. All-in-all though, it was neither a good nor bad Friday. Just another night at the office. I'd tell an old story to compensate, but I need to wake up in six and a half hours if I want to work tonight.



2 Comments:

Blogger MJ06 said...

Does the garage manager ever say well Ive given you the 92(example) crownvictoria enough here take out this nice 2003 crownvictoria with a nice interior and all sorts of cool features.

July 03, 2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger Crabbie said...

Not really, each night it's more of a first come, first served basis. The earlier I get there, the better my chances of getting a nicer car.

July 03, 2006 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home