4.27.2007

Happy Birthday to Me

(I did not take this picture)

I had a very happy birthday - dinner at Ya Hala, and then I got to see the amazing Konono No 1.

I don't want else to say except that I love my life. I know Wil wants music reviews, but I'm not sure how to describe Konono No 1.

"Awesome" is a good word.

"Fantastic" also works.

I have not enjoyed a show that much since I saw Afrirampo for the first time, and I can't reccomend their music enough. It was a real treat to be able to see them live, I just had a huge ear-to-ear smile on my face through the whole show. If you buy the album, you will love it, and all of your friends will think you are awesome when you introduce them to it, and be jealous of your taste in music. This is true for anyone of any age, no matter what kind of music you normally listen to.

Ya Hala's the best Lebanese food in town. I am a cab driver, and I know these things. Eat there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paradise Driver said...

I am glad you had a great B'Day.

Besides music. How about things of interest in your area. Stuff you see everyday, that is not found on the typical tourist jaunts.

Interesting people, characters. Places. Things.

You know. The off-beat tidbits that actually make life normal.

April 27, 2007 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home