4.10.2007


I don't know what the deal with Cabbie X in Eugene is, which is why I haven't been responding to inquiries. Well, that and laziness.

Speaking of which, I've finally added a link to an incredible New York yellow cab driver's photoblog. He's a much better photographer than myself on every level. I'm just a guy who takes snapshots and doesn't have any photographic training or pretensions on any level, but these are from someone who has a very good idea of what they're doing. Not only that, but he's got a fantastic eye for composition. His photos do a remarkable job of capturing what the world actually looks from the driver's seat (and it often looks quite beautiful and entrancing, something I always fail at capturing in mine, or never think to pick up the camera) - note the way he often includes the window frame and sideview mirror.

I'm pretty embarassed that I hadn't had a link up before, and can't reccomend the site highly enough, as it's one of my favorites. Given my change in direction here, though, there's really no excuse at all. If you're only going to look at one cab driver's pictures, they definitely shouldn't be mine.

But you should still look at mine. And everyone else's.

2 Comments:

Blogger NYC taxi photo said...

aww that's real nice. I'll definately be reading your blogs for some time. I love reading blogs around the world, cause my writing, kinda sucks.

p.s. I always wanted to ask about that other cabbie... hahaha, i guess i won't.

April 10, 2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger NYC taxi photo said...

oh hey and this guy, never linked to me or anything, but his daily new york subway pictures are amazing:

http://www.travisruse.com/

April 10, 2007 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home