1.01.2007

A Crab Dead

Well, this is no longer relevant, but I guess I'll leave it up as a curiosity.

I'd just started to get back into the swing of things with this, and was all ready to tell you about my fascinating New Year's Eve, but I think that it's time at this point to kill this blog.

When talking about other people in this space, even the dishonest, abusive, and thieving ones, I've always made a real and sincere effort to mask their identities to the extent that no one would be able to recognize them except themselves. And given that I never had any ambition for anyone to read this save the people I know (I've never once asked anyone to link to the site, though I guess I never thought to ask them to take links down, either), I figured that they'd never come across it in the first place. Besides, this website was supposed to be all about me.

But as this seems to be the only taxi blog I've ever read where people are upset about privacy issues (even though I seem to have no Portland readers who aren't my friends), I'm going to just stop. I like my job, and I feel a very real and strong sense of loyalty to my company, (most of) my co-workers, and especially my superintendents. I don't want to jeopardize a situation where I'm happy, liked, respected, and well-paid. I also don't want to injure our business, and I very sincerely don't want people to feel like their personal information is being posted on the internet for their crazed stalkers to find.

I'm too exhausted now to start deleting everything, but sometime tomorrow I'll begin deleting every post that mentions the company I work for or another human being. So basically, all of them. This process might take a few days, so my apologies to those who are offended.

I may start another site that's more well disguised, tucked into a smaller corner of the internet, and truly known only to friends and family. This will allow them to keep tabs on me, and everyone else to continue not knowing or caring what I'm up to. If you're interested in knowing about the new site when/if it happens and are one of the friends I don't know in my "real" life, feel free to send me an email at crabbycabbie@gmail.com, and I'll send you the link.

Take care,

Crabbie.

8 Comments:

Blogger Paradise Driver said...

I used nicknames for the people I work with. Some took offense. The owner of my cab company got mad.

I didn't care. I talked to the owner and told him if he tried to shut down my blog that I would tie him up in court with lawsuits and would eventually own the company.

He talked to a lawyer who told him that it was a distinct possibility that I would prevail.

As far as my fellow drivers go, I really don't care one way or another. I don't socialize with them, nor do I want to.

Everything I write is the truth and if they have a problem dealing with reality rather than their fantasy image of their lifes, thats their problem.

I would wish that you reconsider your decision to discontinue your blog.

January 01, 2007 1:16 PM  
Blogger MJ06 said...

Happy New Year Sorry your taking down your blog I really liked it a cheecked in almost everyday well any how take care.

January 01, 2007 1:21 PM  
Blogger The Acid Queen said...

Sorry to see that the Anony-coward wound up getting to you, Crabbie. :(

January 01, 2007 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 01, 2007 11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Oh and queenie, be sure to post a picture of your sister, since the "example" contestants are publicly known)_ _ | _ _

January 01, 2007 11:38 PM  
Blogger Crabbie said...

I (rightfully) can't edit other people's comments, so I've deleted anonymous's first one here. I don't want to censor, though, so here it is with one change:

"Acid queen you are obviously a woman-wannabe or you would not agree with posting women customers personal info (where they work, time they get off,where they live, not to mention the other customer's private info posted like the owners of bar making the mistake of letting this guy in their house, or the cab drivers picture and name he posted.

You got a sister who is actually a female? Put her place of business up, where she lives and what time she gets off work please.

Oh and as far as the crabbie's claim to not be responsible for links to this blog, I see that he has removed it today, but he posted a link to [the cab company's website] right on top.

In this day and age, every idiot and their brother can have a blog.

It's a way to have a voice and be heard. Better than writing to the editor of a newspaper , because they throw letters from people who don't identify themsevles into the garbage.


Laws will catch up with the internet to protect people from having their personal info published and "anonymous" publishers will not have a wild- west-like free reign.

In the meantime thank goodnes for people who speak out against it."

January 02, 2007 5:43 AM  
Blogger The Acid Queen said...

Oh, this is funny.

Hey Anonycoward, if you bothered to do some actual research you'd find that I have posted pictures of my sister, my brother-in-law, myself, AND my infant nephew. I've also posted where they live, and where I live.

But please, don't let me stop you from continuing to hide behind your "shield of anonymity" so that you can take potshots at me for speaking my mind.

Counting the minutes until you decide to start taking a whack at some other aspect of my life.....

January 04, 2007 8:28 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

I'm a new reader. From the city of Portland. I work for your competitor. And I simply don't care. I certainly hope you don't let someone with anonymity control your freedom to post whatever you wish. It's a great feeling to be able to write things that other's read and enjoy. I REALLY hope you continue, [for my sake as well as everyone else who's sad to see you go.]

January 11, 2007 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home